Christmas in Harwich
Friday, November 30, 2012 - 5:30pm - Sunday, December 2, 2012 - 9:00pm
Once again this year, one of the Cape's favorite Mid Cape towns will light up for Christmas in Harwich. This festive weekend begins on Friday evening, November 30 with the Harwich Port Stroll and continues through Sunday.
Events for all ages are planned in various location throughout town including Harwich Center, Harwichport and East Harwich.
Highlights include a traditional tree lighting with caroling and Santa's arrival by firetruck Friday night. There will be wonderful sales, delicious treats and free horse-drawn carriage rides.
Purchase beautiful holiday ornaments and gifts for everyone on your list from local merchants and at the Harwich PTO Holiday Bazaar & Craft Fair. Kids of all ages won't want to miss a hearty pancake breakfast with St. Nick on Saturday morning.
It will be easy getting to all the events thanks to a free enclosed trolley shuttle from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday between Harwich Center and East Harwich courtesy of Cape Destinations.
See some of the highlights below and be sure to visit the Harwich Chamber of Commerce for a complete schedule of weekend events here.
Friday, November 30
- Tree lighting ceremony and family carol singing at 5:30 p.m. at Doane Park, Harwichport
- Santa arrives by fire truck at Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank in Harwichport at 6:15 p.m.
Saturday, December 1
- Pancake breakfast with Santa at the Harwich Elementary School at 8 a.m.
- Harwich Elementary School PTO Holiday Bazaar & Craft Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday, December 2
- Christmas Concert at Christ Church Episcopal at 3 p.m. in Harwichport